Scientific Program Director
Year before meeting: July – August
* President elect contacts two honored guests.
Oct – Nov
* Fall newsletter (RMNS secretary, announces call for abstracts)
Nov – Dec
* Contact two Honored Guests (under direction of RMNS President) and have them consider titles and 3 objectives of two talks from each
* Contact RMNS program directors to encourage resident submission
* RMNS executive committee meeting Contact CNS speakers bureau (Tony Asher, Tony.email@example.com) for CNS representative speaker. Contact two Honored Guests (under direction of RMNS President) and obtain titles and 3 objectives of two talks from each Solicit RMNS program directors for resident submission (consider contacting all program directors in North America)
* E-blast announcement (Vanessa Garlisch, firstname.lastname@example.org)
“The ??th Annual Rocky Mountain Neurosurgery Society Meeting, jointly sponsored by the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, will be held June ??-??, 20??, at ???. This beautiful setting will provide the perfect location for an exciting scientific program including our two honored guests…….. Once again, we will have a resident award competition that offers a $400 cash award, plus reimbursement to department for travel expenses, hotel, and registration fees ( up to $1000) for the best resident paper in the neurosciences. Please label “resident award” when submitting an abstract. Online abstract submission is now available at http://www.rmns.org. The deadline is February 15, 20??. Alternatively, complete forms can be mailed to (program director).
Prepare schedule framework for the scientific program. Include placeholders for invited guests lectures (45 minutes x 2 per guest and possible local guest 45 minutes x 1 speaker), coffee breaks, and annual business meeting (Tuesday)
* Abstract deadline February 15th
* Send out repeat eblast, making abstract deadline March 15th
* Abstracts committee (President, Vice President, and Scientific Program Chair) to score abstracts to determine 4 finalists for residents award and 4 finalists for Academy Cup.
Email CME committee preliminary program
* Send list of non-members that have submitted abstracts to RMNS Secretary so they can be added to Spring newsletter mailing list.
March – April
Solicit abstract from members and residents. Contact training programs.